Originally seen on KPMG November 15, 2017
Fintech Innovators, a collaboration between fintech investment firm H2 Ventures and KPMG Fintech, today announced the 2017 Fintech100.
The Fintech100 includes the “Leading 50” fintech firms around the globe, ranked based on innovation, capital raising activity, size and reach; and the “Emerging 50”, exciting new fintechs that are at the forefront of innovative technologies and practices and are often pursuing new business models.
Key highlights from the 2017 Fintech100 include:
- China fintechs take the top three places on the list, and Chinese firms account for five of the top 10.
- Global fintech innovation continues to accelerate, with 29 different countries represented in the Fintech100, up from 22 countries in 2016.
- ASPAC is on the rise, with 30 fintechs on this year’s list, while the UK and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) dominate the Emerging 50 with 26 companies. The US placed 19 companies on the full list, the most of any country, and three in the top 10.
- “Disruptors” dominate — fintechs focused on disrupting traditional models represent 73 of the Fintech100.
- Lending and payments focused companies continue to lead in terms of sectors, with 32 and 21 respectively on the full list. Fifteen companies are in transactions/capital markets and 12 are in insurtech.