What we’re trying to do:
Sensibill recognizes that the future of work is not “9 to 5”. On-demand platforms like Uber and TaskRabbit are on the rise; as are more traditional independent contracting and freelancing arrangements. Unlike wage workers who can rely on a regular paycheque with taxes deducted for them, the self-employed workers have a host of unique financial challenges. Sensibill wants to help with the following:
- Estimating your tax deductions
- Keeping track of your receipts
- Streamlining your bookkeeping
- Exporting business expenses to your accounting software or accountant
Who can participate:
Anyone who is struggling to manage their business expenses as a self-employed person!
You engage in independent contracting, freelancing, or self-employment either full-time or part-time. Our definition encompasses – but is broader than – the on-demand platform work. This includes peer-to-peer housing platforms (eg. Airbnb), ride-sharing platforms (eg. Uber, Lyft), capital platforms (eg. Etsy, Amazon), courier platforms (eg. Foodora). Our definition includes full time “salary/wage workers” who use independent contracting for supplemental income. It also includes self-employed people who are incorporated but have 0 employees.
* This does not include small business owners who have employees.
- A survey & 15-minute phone call
- You get to contribute to the development of a product that will help self-employed people manage their business expenses & make taxes painless
- You will receive a $20 Starbucks gift card for your participation
If you’re interested in participating, please fill out our contact form below and someone from Sensibill’s Research team will contact you as soon as possible.